We explain below how and why BMG and our third-party service providers process personal data in connection with your use of the Site.
A. COLLECTION AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATAWe and our third-party service providers may collect and process personal data, i.e. information that identifies, or makes it possible to identify, you as a natural person (e.g. your name, address or email address) when you participate in various opportunities provided through the Site, such as when you:
(a) actively communicate with us;
(b) subscribe to services (e.g. newsletters/artist information bulletins or other communications) that we may provide through the Site;
(c) take part in a contest, promotion, survey or other type of promotion through the Site or through any linked social media; and/or
(d) contribute to a blog or forum.
This may include your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, age, date of birth and (if you are under 18) similar information in relation to your parent/guardian.
All such personal information is collected, stored and processed by us and our third-party service providers for the purposes set out in section B below.
An important note to parents or guardians: Parents or guardians should be aware that there are software tools available online that screen content and allow you to prevent children from disclosing their personal information without your permission. We shall not intentionally collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. In addition, we take care when processing the personal information of children aged 13 or older to ensure that such information is processed in compliance with UK data-protection and privacy laws.
B. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION1. We and our third-party service providers may use your personal information as follows:
(a) to provide assessment and analysis (e.g. customer, promotional and market analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services that we offer;
(b) to monitor customer traffic patterns and Site usage to help us enhance your enjoyment during the online experience;
(c) to respond to your enquiries and to fulfil your requests (e.g. to send you newsletters or to provide you with information about our products, content and services);
(d) if you have consented to our doing so, to provide you, or to permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services that we believe may interest you;
(e) to notify you about changes to Site terms, conditions and policies;
(f) to allow you to take part in contests and similar promotions and to administer those activities (which may contain additional requirements and information about how we or our third-party service providers may use your personal information);
(g) where necessary or appropriate, to comply with any applicable legal or regulatory requirements in any jurisdiction (including outside your country of residence), including, in particular, where any relevant law-enforcement and/or data-protection supervisory agencies require us to provide them with your personal information on the basis of applicable laws or regulations; and/or
(h) to make any disclosure permitted under section C below.
2. For each of your visits to the Site, we may automatically collect certain technical information about your access to and use of the Site, such as:
(a) your type of browser and type of operating system;
(b) to the extent not masked, the internet protocol (IP) address allocated to your internet access when you were visiting the Site;
(d) the URL of the internet page from which you arrived at the Site;
(e) the date and time when you accessed, clicked through and left the Site;
(f) the amount of data transmitted; and/or
(g) the searches you made and the pages you accessed on the Site.
C. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION1. You agree that we may share your personal information from time to time with:
(b) any of the following third parties:
- our third-party service providers who provide us with Site-related services (such as hosting, data analysis, search engines, payment processing, order fulfilment, IT services, email delivery, auditing and other similar services) to enable them to provide such services and/or to assist us in improving and optimising the Site;
- any artist connected at any time with the Site (including individual band members, if applicable) and such artist’s representatives and third-party service providers so that, if you have consented to their doing so, such artist and those representatives and third-party service providers may use such information to send you communications (including marketing communications) that they believe may be of interest to you;
- any third party that sponsors or provides (in whole or in part) a contest or similar promotion through the Site for all purposes in connection with such contest or promotion;
- any third party with whom you communicate on or through the Site (e.g. via message boards, chats, profile pages, blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials), but only to the extent that your personal information is included by you in such communication; and/or
- any other person where necessary or appropriate: (i) under any applicable laws or regulations of any jurisdiction (including outside of your country of residence) for any purposes required by such person under those laws or regulations; (ii) to enforce or apply our Site’s terms and conditions or other contracts; and/or (iii) to protect our, our users’ or any other third parties’ rights, property or safety.
- We may publish, or share with affiliates and/or business partners, aggregated non-personal data, which will not identify you individually. We may also send an anonymised version of your information to third-party advertisers or advertising providers for the purposes of displaying customised advertisements on a Site page and/or to third-party traffic-analysis providers for the purpose of generating aggregate and anonymised data on which pages users visit and the general characteristics of the computers and networks used by those users. Your browser may also automatically send certain data to such third parties directly.
- The information we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"), including any destination where the privacy laws of the country concerned may be different and less protective than those of EEA countries. It may also be processed by personnel operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such personnel may be engaged in, among other things, the provision of support services. By submitting your personal information to us, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via online or mobile networks is not completely secure. You acknowledge and accept that others may intercept personal information you provide to us, and that any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we use set procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
G. ACCESS TO PERSONAL DATAThe Data Protection Act gives you the right to access a copy of the personal data that we process about you. We are entitled to charge you £10 (plus VAT) for providing you with this. Your right of access can be exercised by contacting us at [email protected]. Please state "Copy personal information" in the subject line of your email, and include your full name and email address in the email. If requested, we shall use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete information about you on our files.
Last modified: 19 January 2018